Thursday, July 10, 2008

Happy 10th Anniversary Stephanie

This is what happens when your husband has access to your blog. By now you know this is not Stephanie. This is Kerry (her husband) sneaking into her blog while she is putting our boys down for bed. It is Thursday night 10:00 p.m. Florida time and I wanted to be the first to say Happy 1oth Anniversary.

Happy 10th Anniversary Babe!

We will celebrate our 10th anniversary tomorrow July 11th. WOW... has it already been 10 years? I remember when Stephanie and I met. It was March 12, 1997. Her dad introduced us while she was visiting her dad at SWBTS for chapel services. It followed by us meeting again several weeks later. Followed by me asking her dad (my professor) for her number. Then on June 17, 1997 we had our first date.

The rest is history as they say.

I recall the first time I said, "I love you" without really saying those words. Kevin & Regina, Wayne & Jana, and Stephanie and I were at a Rangers Game at The Ball Park at Arlington when I said, "I love that about you." They all remember me saying, "I love you". Maybe I did, maybe I didn't... I can't remember. BUT this I do know. I fell in love with you then and am just as in love with you now as I was then.

We have traveled literally thousands of miles since then haven't we babe. We dated through the summer of 1997, got engaged on my birthday October 1, 1997 (turning 38 this year...I am becoming elderly) with me surprising you at Baylor in Waco with the help of your roommates. Thanks ladies... couldn't have done it without you. We were engaged in Miller's Chapel on the campus of Baylor university. I secretly filmed the entire engagement inside Miller's chapel. It was so cool.

We then worked through the fall and then spring of 1998 right up until our wedding on July 11, 1998 at FBC Grapevine. Cool on so many levels. Stephanie's dad had helped design and build the church. We had Kevin and Regina sing at our wedding and Wayne was one of my groomsmen.

We then began our journey as husband and wife serving as the ministers of education at Woodland Heights Baptist Church in Bedford. With some additional great friends in Wayne and Amy. We built our first home during that time... and boy was that a process. We met some GREAT friends in Mike and Gloria and began families pretty much together. Our first son, Caleb came along during that time. WoW... he just turned 8, is riding is dirt bike like a champ, shooting his bow with ease, just started the 3rd grade, and is an artist in his own right.

Stephanie, you then followed me to Fielder Road Baptist Church in Arlington where we spent 5 great years serving with the team there as we watched Caleb grow. And then we added little Josiah in July of 2005 just 6 weeks before we headed to California to serve with Rick & Kay Warren at Saddleback Church.

That's right folks. Stephanie then followed me all the way to California where she flew out the day of Josiah's 6 week old check up. I know..., she is beyond a trooper. I can't imagine what you must have been thinking as I moved our family to California.

Steph, our time is California (2 1/2 years) was some of our greatest growing time in our marriage. We grew closer and stronger together in that time than in the entire 7 years prior. Not sure what that says about our time in California, but it was a great time for growing our marriage. AND we added Levi to our family March 2007. That's right Levi is a Californian, not a Texan... oh what time will hold for him. What a great add he is, blond hair and all. He is so cute. And can you believe he is 16 months WOW...

Oh did I mention we then left California in December 2007 and went on a family road trip in a 32 ft motor coach through May 2008. That's right... I have drug Stephanie around Texas, out to California and now all the way to the far east coast to Jupiter Florida. The family road trip was awesome, but landing in Florida has been GREAT for our family. We are already making Florida our home as part of the team at Christ Fellowship with Pastor Tom & Donna and Pastor Todd & Julie Mullins.

Oh did I also mention that Stephanie is pregnant with our 4th boy (Silas)... well if you track Stephanie's blog you already knew that, but that just tells you how much we love each other.

We traveled literally across North America, made thousands of friends, had 3 beautiful boys with a 4th on the way, served at some great churches in Mayfield Road, Woodland Heights, Fielder Road, Saddleback Church, and Christ Fellowship and been married 10 years.

Now that is life my friend and we have been so blessed to do it together as best friends.

Stephanie, I just want you to know that I've loved you since I met you; however, my love has grown even greater with each day we've spent together. I love you more now than I ever have and I know I'll continue to grow more in love with you over the next 10, 20, 30, and 40 years.

I love you as my friend.
I love you as my lover.
I love you as my wife.
I love you as the mother of our children.
I love you as the woman God has created you to be.
I love you for your love of the Lord.
I love you for your care for those who Jesus misses most.
I love you for your care of our home.
I love you for teaching our children at home.
I love you for loving me when I'm unlovable.
I love you for loving children who don't have a home.
I love you for taking care of me and the boys.
I love you for keeping our home beautiful.
I love you for cleaning our home.
I love you for cleaning our clothes.
I love you for the meals you nourish our family with.
I love you for loving to just spend time with the family.
I love you for loving my mom (Granny) just because you can.
I love the way you love the elderly.
I love the way you allow me to be me... tattoos and all.

I love you BABE!

Can't wait to see what the Lord has in store for the next 10 years.

7 comments:

The O'Connell Clan said...

What a great 10 years...we love you guys!

The Walkers said...

Congratulations guys! 10 years is a marvelous milestone. So happy for you and your family. Tons of love--Kerri

GloryandGrace said...

10 years??? Does that mean us little squirts that were in the youth group at Mayfield are getting old, too???

The Blake Family said...

Congratulations!! I remember when Stephanie met you and just couldn't stop talking about you! I remember you getting engaged! I remember her ZTA candle passing ceremony, I remember the wedding planning, and, I remember your wedding. I count it a blessing to have been a part of your lives from the beginning. It's been wonderful to follow you all as you grow (through the blog, of course). CONGRATULATIONS TO 10 YEARS!!

Colorado Dreamin' said...

How awesome! Congrats! and Kerry, that was beautiful!

Funderstorm said...

Can it be? Wow. Happy Day to you and many more blessings. We will have our 17th this year. So sweet to hear from Kerry (Homey). Little "Homey" is 13 now and oh, so handsome. :) Love you guys.

Panda-Mom said...

Happy Days, you two!!!! ; )