Friday, August 01, 2008

Josiah Turns 3!


Granddaddy, Levi, Josiah, and Caleb


Josiah, Levi, and Caleb

Josiah turned three on Saturday, July 26. After having a birthday celebration with grandparents and cousins in Texas, he didn't think he needed another birthday celebration. His favorite dessert is still cookies like it has been for about a year. He thought a cookie cake sounded wonderful. And he saw no need for any additional presents since he had already gotten some. We did enjoy a fun family day on his birthday. We took Granddaddy to the airport, went to Gander Mountain so Josiah could pick out a camo shirt, swam in the pool, opened a few presents, and ate cake. This is such a fun age when you can see on their face how excited they are about the things they receive and know that they weren't expecting anything.

Josiah has had a big year. When he turned two, he said goodbye to his pacifier. He also started using the big boy potty and wearing underwear.

He moved out of the only house he knew and was on the road for about six months of this year. Once in Texas for this past vacation, he assumed we were there to stay (with Nana). He was so confused that we were coming back to Florida and asked me where we would stay. I think he finally realizes that where we are now is our house once he saw that everything was still here when we returned.

His choice of words in his sentences constantly amazes me. I need to write down some examples so I will not forget. He has a lot of energy when he is around familiar people but in new situations he is very quiet and prefers to just observe. He still likes an arm (Mommy's arm) when falling asleep at night and if he wakes up in the middle of the night he will say, "I need an arm!" or "Give me an arm!" Kerry has got him hooked on hunting and outdoor things. He loves practicing with his bow and arrows outside. He likes to say "BBD or BDD" in a low voice which means "Big Buck Down." He's ready for Daddy to take him hunting even if Mommy is not. I would prefer a trip to Yosemite where we can observe the deer without harming them. I love him so much and I'm so grateful that God chose to bring him into our lives. I look forward to seeing what this year holds for him!

3 comments:

The O'Connell Clan said...

BBD? Oh dear. Or should I say poor deer? Oh Josiah...you are such a sweetie...Dan misses you so much as the rest of us! I love your cookie cake and can just picture you practicing your bow and arrows....altough mom may not be ready for it :-)

Panda-Mom said...

Hey girl! It's 107 degrees here and that's NOT including the heat index....YIKES!

Have Kerry come over and take a peek at PandaPop's latest! ; )

Colorado Dreamin' said...

I can't believe how old they are all getting! And you look wonderful! I always loved the pictures of me when I was pregnant, esp. with my other kids. Something special about that life growing inside! I love captureing that moment. It is sad that I won't ever have that moment again. But that time has pasted for me, I am sure.