Monday, September 08, 2008

First Outing and Saying Goodbye

Silas' first outing was on Friday, September 5th. He wasn't even 48 hours old. He along with Granddaddy accompanied me to my urologist appointment to discuss the next step in dealing with my kidneys. After speaking with Dr. Brown, I have a cat scan scheduled for this coming Friday. I should be gone all of 2 hours round trip and Kerry will be with the boys the entire time, but due to the dye, it is recommended that I not nurse Silas for 24 hours following the cat scan. I'm trying not to get too upset about it but I am. I have loved nursing all of my babies and the idea of going 24 hours seems like torture to me. I know it is the safest and I know I have to get the kidney stones taken care of, but it's a lot to take in at times for me.

Silas on his way home from his first outing

After Granddad took us back home from the doctor, it was time for him to leave for the airport. We took a few more pictures with him and then sent him on his way. It was so nice to have him here for this short period of time. We are looking forward to seeing him at the end of September. He found a great deal on a flight and booked it. Hopefully, all the kidney stuff will be behind us by then and I will feel more like myself.

Me, Silas, and Granddad


Josiah, Me, Levi, Silas, Granddad, and Caleb

2 comments:

The Blake Family said...

I hope you start feeling better. Glad you have another visit with your Dad to look forward to in a few weeks.

The O'Connell Clan said...

Praying for everything for Friday!! Miss you all so much!