Saturday, September 13, 2008

Nana Was Definitely Needed!

Silas and Nana

Last Friday, my Mom arrived here in Florida. It was a relief to finally have her here to take care of us once again. It was great to get to introduce her to her sixth grandson. She held him shortly Friday night before he started crying to be fed. I was starting to wonder if Silas would want to continually be latched on nursing, but once my milk came in, he was content to let Nana hold him for longer periods of time.

Nana and Levi

Having her here to help allowed Kerry to be at work all week and not worry about us. Once again, she cooked meals, did our laundry, played and played with the boys, and listened to me talk. We had a doctor's appointment for Levi and Silas on Tuesday of this week, and I could not have done it on my own.

Caleb and Nana

The boys really loved having her here to swim with them almost everyday. We were sad to see her leave on Wednesday especially since we probably won't see her again until Christmas. I'm sure the time will fly by but it seems like a long time to wait right now. Thanks again for taking care of us.

Nana and Silas


Josiah and Nana


Josiah, Levi, Nana, Silas, and Caleb

3 comments:

The Blake Family said...

Seeing these pictures of your mom makes me so excited to see my parents at Christmas time! Glad that you mom will return then too. How wonderful that she could be there to help again. A sigh of relief for you, I'm sure.

Colorado Dreamin' said...

The pictures are great!! Your new little one doesn't look too little!!! I know you are very proud of your four boys! And you LOOK GREAT!!! You are very lucky that you have family that comes to help out like you do. Not all of us have that. I know you are very blessed and appreciate it.

As far as homeschooling highschool, I did Sami. I did lots of Progeny Press book studies (I do those for my younger kids, too). Nick is doing The Hobbit right now. We will do all the Lord of the Rings books this year as well. Saxon math is good but we are using Math U See for all the kids because they used it at the private school they went to and they liked it. Nick didn't like Saxon when we used it before but likes the Math U See. I use Spelling Power for all my kids. I like Bob Jones History books for the older grades, they revised them not that long ago. I love Mystery of History for all the kids. There are supposed to be 4 or 5 large books from that publisher. She is working on the last one I think. I am ordering his Latin 2 next week. He did Latin 1 at Flint last year. I can't remember off the top of my head the publisher but it comes with videos.

Sorry didn't mean to go on, lol. Don't be afraid of doing high school. you are going to have your boys so close that you can combine a LOT of things. I am looking forward to combining a lot of highschool stuff with JC and Jenni. Like the math and Latin 1 and 2 and science and book studies. Well, pretty much all of it, lol! I am excited about the future in our little homeschool!

The O'Connell Clan said...

What a blessing your mom and dad both are! There is such joy in my heart as I look at those pics of your mom with the boys and knowing the love she has for them and the special time they each had with her! We read a book on friendship today when I was doing some school with Kendra and I asked her who her friends were and with no hesitation she said, Caleb, Josiah, Levi, and what is the other one's name mom (I told her) and she proceeded to ask me when she was going to see them. I told her I didn't know and she said I needed to tell her a time. Guess I better figure that one out!