Sunday, January 04, 2009

New Years in Arkansas

My mom and I along with the boys spent New Years in Arkansas. We drove to Hot Springs on the 31st and went straight to my Papa's house to visit with him and Loriece. The boys did great traveling in the car. After visiting with Papa, Loriece, and Willene, we went to dinner at On the Border. I was so glad to finally be where I could get some good Mexican food (okay - plain chicken fajitas). The boys were thrilled to know that the hotel we were staying in had an indoor swimming pool. As soon as we arrived at the hotel, we got in our swimsuits and enjoyed the swimming pool. We even had the entire pool to ourselves.

This is the best picture we got of Levi since he was constant motion.

Caleb relaxing

Josiah having fun in the pool

Silas loved his first swim


Thursday morning Nana took the three big boys swimming for about an hour while I started getting all of our things packed back up. Then we went to Papa's house where he had a nice breakfast waiting for us. The boys were thrilled to learn that there was even chocolate milk to drink. We heard that Dillards was having a big sale so we stopped by there before driving back to Arlington. I found a Christmas tree on sale and my dad ended up driving to the Dillards in Arlington to see if they had the same tree. We had him get it so we didn't have to drive back sitting on it in the car. Now I just need to figure out how to get it to Florida. I'm glad we were able to see my Papa this visit. My boys are already talking about wanting to come back this summer to go fishing and digging for crystals.



No comments: