Monday, January 19, 2009

The Rest of Texas


We had a busy few days while enjoying our time with family and friends. Wednesday the 7th, the boys and I took a quick trip to Oklahoma to see some friends from California. I was rather pleased at how smoothly everything went with 8 kids in one house. The age ranges were 8, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, 4 months, and 2 months. Us girls were even able to have a little girl talk after the kids were in bed. We headed out right before lunch the following day. The boys were such great travelers, even Silas. Thanks Mandy for letting us come for a visit!

Friday the 9th, Granddad took us to Fossil Rim, another favorite place we like to visit while we're here. All the boys, excluding Silas, had the opportunity to feed the giraffes. It's such an amazing experience to watch these gentle creatures stick their heads inside your car searching for food. We could have sat there all day feeding the giraffes. The ostriches and the zebras are a different story.

After Fossil Rim, the boys and I went and spent some time with the Hagans. Ethan and Kylie are growing up so fast. I miss not having them across the street. Saturday the 10th, Nana, RyAnn and I took the boys to Chuck E. Cheese in the morning to play games and McDonalds for lunch. On Sunday the 11th, we went to my parents church again. Caleb really enjoyed seeing Miss Shannon, their children's minister and even went to children's church. They even let Josiah tag along. Josiah was thrilled to be going to class with big brother.
The rest of our days were spent with last minute errands, packing and cleaning. We drove to Gladewater on Tuesday to pick up Granny. On Wednesday, we all drove back to Arlington and took a plane back to Florida. We are so glad that Granny is visiting with us. I have spent the days since then taking down Christmas decorations, unpacking, doing laundry and cleaning. I'm finally seeing an end in sight. It will be nice once everything is back in place.

2 comments:

The Blake Family said...

Glad that you had a wonderful trip. Good for you accomplishing that car ride by yourself with 4 boys!!

Mandy said...

I am so glad you guys came! And wow, when I see those ages all typed out like that together, I think we did great! I miss you so much. Truly I do. And I'll cherish that late nite conversation for years to come.