Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Granddad's Visit

It was once again wonderful having my Dad come for a visit. I'm really loving the fact that he can do his job with Rockbridge Seminary from anywhere making it easier for him to come see us when there's a good deal on a flight.


We picked my Dad up from the airport last Tuesday around lunch. The boys didn't even want to stop for lunch on the way home. They were ready to get Granddad back to the house, because they wanted him to watch them play outside.

Granddad's timing couldn't have been more perfect. On Wednesday morning, he went with Silas and I for my ultrasound (follow up on my kidneys) while Kerry stayed home with the three big boys. When we got home, we had an early lunch and then took the boys to the Busch Wildlife Sanctuary. That evening, we went to church. Caleb loved his class and I got to relax a little since Josiah and Levi were sound asleep in the stroller.


Josiah's one request was that we take Granddad to the beach. That's exactly what we did. We went to the Loggerhead Marinelife Center first and then took the boys to the beach. Josiah was the only one in a swimsuit but that didn't stop Caleb from getting wet. Levi had a very healthy fear of the water and kept his distance allowing for a relaxing trip to the beach. Silas wasn't a fan of the sun or the wind.

On Friday, Granddad went back home. We were all sad to see him go but enjoyed the time we got to spend with him. (Josiah took the picture below. I think he did a pretty good job.)

Thanks Dad for your frequent trips to see us. It has made the distance from Florida to Texas not feel as far. It has brightened my lonely days. It's helped me not do anything rash on sad days -- like throwing the boys and some clothes in the car and start driving to Texas (I've thought about it). It's wonderful seeing the relationships you have with each of the boys. I pray that one day they will understand fully the love, time, and wisdom you have invested in their lives and what better men they will have become because they have known you. I love you!

2 comments:

The Blake Family said...

How neat that your dad can watch the boys grow up. Something I miss for Jackson. Glad you had a great time and that it was such a good-timed trip.

Anonymous said...

It was a great time for me as well. They are blessed to have you as their mom.

I wished NASA and the space shuttle would have worked out for us.

Granddad