Monday, February 02, 2009

He's Growing Up

I got Levi dressed today (after lunch) to run some errands with all of the boys. We ran our errands, and when we got home all of the boys wanted to play outside (minus Silas). So, Silas and I sat outside to watch them play. And this is when I really saw Levi.

When did he grow up? When did he start looking more like a little boy and less like a baby? It caught me off guard. It truly did. My baby (one of four) will turn 2 next month. I can't believe it. I don't want to accept the fact that he's growing up. He's taken a little longer to speak clearly than Caleb and Josiah so I'm sure in some ways that has kept him young in my mind. But just last night at dinner, we heard a sentence. Kerry and I both did, so it must have really happened. I believe he said, "I want a roll."

He's also in the beginning stages of potty training. That means we have two potties just for him. It means he knows how to go to the bathroom, both kinds. It means he loves to take his diaper off and run through the house. It means there have been accidents on the floor. It means he's still learning and it will take some time. It also means one more step in him growing up.

So, as his mommy, I will continue to let him grow up a little at a time.

3 comments:

The Blake Family said...

Amazing how one day in particular CAN catch you off guard like that! It's happened to me so much lately with Jackson. I guess I had forgotten, too, how close Jackson and Levi were in age. Too bad we don't live closer to let them play together.

Mandy said...

So sweet. How does it happen so fast?

Anonymous said...

He does look like a big boy.

Nana