Friday, May 15, 2009

Kennedy Space Center


My dad arrived from Texas on Tuesday. We have truly enjoyed having him here. Yesterday, he treated the boys and I to a day at Kennedy Space Center. It is about 2 and 1/2 hours from where we live so I spent a lot of time the night before preparing for our day trip. That involved laying clothes out, packing changes of clothes, baking muffins for breakfast, packing snacks and lunches, entertainment for the car ride, etc. We all had a great time and the boys did very well. We left our house at 8am and returned close to 10pm. I am always amazed and thankful at how well my boys do traveling as long as I am prepared.

Josiah, Caleb, and an "astronaut" soon after we arrived

Caleb, Silas, and Granddad on the bus

The crawler-transporter that we got to see moving and close up

One of the space shuttles on the launch pad

Caleb and Granddad enjoyed this ride

Caleb and Granddad waiting in line

Levi wouldn't get in the capsule

Josiah trying on a helmet

Caleb, Silas, Granddad, Josiah, and Levi

1 comment:

The O'Connell Clan said...

What a wonderful experience! And with your dad, he is such a wonderful grandfather!