Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Silas at 10 Months

I can not believe that Silas is already 10 months old. He is definitely a joy to have in our family. Currently, Silas loves to pull up on things -- couches, chairs, and even doors. He's at such a fun curious age and can discover the smallest items left on the floor by his brothers. He still will not sit up. He prefers to sit on his knees. None of the other boys have done this, so I do find it a little unusual. He screams if I try to "encourage" him sit down. I think he just doesn't like to sit still. He will eat some homemade solid baby foods like pears, carrots, apples, and sweet potatoes, but he really prefers to handle things himself like crackers or fruit puffs. He reminds me of Josiah when it comes to eating who refused to be fed by spoon. He loves playing in the water. He is now in cloth diapers 100% of the time. I just couldn't resist the cow print diaper when I saw it. He's still nursing and has yet to figure out a sippy cup but thinks they are fun toys. I'm in no rush. He is definitely a mommy's boy. Some would probably say he is high maintenance. He just knows what he wants and has no problem expressing his needs. As long as his needs are being met (mommy holding him), he is a happy baby. I can't believe he will be 1 year old in 2 months! Time has gone by way too fast!


1 comment:

Colorado Dreamin' said...

He is a doll! Time has gone by quickly!