Tuesday, August 04, 2009

I Thought I Was Braver.....

I thought I was braver than I used to be until I looked up in the middle of school to find a lizard sitting on a shelf. I screamed. And ran to the edge of the school room. Hollered at Caleb to catch the thing. He catches it but is too gentle. It jumps down and scampers to hide. After about 15 minutes of tearing the school room apart the lovely creature is found, held securely, and released back to where it belongs.

I would have thought that after a year surrounded by lizards in our yard that it would have calmed my fears a little. I have a respect for the creatures as long as the stay where they belong. I'm thankful God gave me a boy that loves the lizards and doesn't hesitate to catch them for his mama.

3 comments:

Kristen OQ said...

We went swimming yesterday at a friend's house. The best part of the morning for my boys wasn't swimming, but catching a frog that was swimming around in the pool. They had so much fun with it (poor frog!) and laughed when I said I didn't want to hold it myself! I guess I better get used to frogs and such with 3 boys! ;)

The Blake Family said...

I'm tellin' ya...one of the things I hated the most in Okinawa was, on average, 8-10 geckos scampering around in the house...on ceilings, walls, shelves, counters, floors, under carpets...EW!! I soon learned to run after them, capture them and release them back out into the "wild!" I feel your "pain!!"

Amy said...

I'm sure I would have done the same thing! I never thought about the fact that little boys can be helpful for catching bugs, lizards, etc. Another blessing!