Monday, January 04, 2010

The Whirlwind

It seems like it's been ages since I last posted. Life has been overwhelmingly busy. It would be a way too long post if I tried to explain all that's happened during that time. Simply put, we moved to California. The three little ones and I flew while Kerry, Caleb, and our dog Bailey drove all the way from Florida to California. I arrived on a Friday and started looking for a place to rent the following day all the while staying with good friends. I truly feel that God knew the place he wanted us to rent as house after house on my favorite list kept getting rented. Our neighbors have been wonderful here and all the kids in the neighborhood have helped ease the pain for the boys of losing their neighborhood friends in Florida.

We moved into our house on the 11th of December, but our things didn't arrive until the 15th of December including Kerry's car. Talk about stress! My goal was to get the house finished by Christmas. It's still not done by the way. Hope Crossing had it's first service on Christmas Eve and my parents arrived on Christmas Day. They opted to stay in a hotel which I'm sure they are truly thankful for after they saw the disaster in our house. We had a wonderful visit with them. More on that later.

They left on a Tuesday and I started helping plan for the start of the children's ministry at our new church that evening. We had our first Children's Bible Study this past Sunday and it was fun but a lot of work. Today we finally resumed homeschooling. We will be going way into the summer since we had so much time off recently. It went really well today. I can see that the boys were very glad to get back to what they would consider a normal day.

There is still more unpacking to be done. There are tons of dirty dishes all over the counters. There are dirty and clean clothes all over the house and very little food to eat. But, I finally feel like I accomplished something today by refocusing on my family. I can go to bed tonight feeling like I gave my children the time and attention they needed and deserved. And now as I wrap up this post, Kerry is sharing Caleb's bed while I get the privilege of sharing our bed with three little ones with coughs which worsen in the night which they caught from their Daddy.

*Hopefully, I will get around to posting pictures and updates on the boys soon.

2 comments:

Colorado Dreamin' said...

Thanks ffor the update. We have been praying for you!

The Blake Family said...

Wow!! I'm just catching up on your blog! It's quite possible that you all have moved more than us!! Glad you're getting settled.