Saturday, April 24, 2010

Happy 10th Birthday, Caleb!


Me, Caleb, and Kerry


Caleb's cake


My new 10 year old (who says he's letting his hair grow out)

I can't believe that Caleb is now 10. He is no longer in the single digits and just recently I realized that he is past the halfway mark until he is considered an adult. Eight more years doesn't seem long enough. I find myself thinking about all the things I want to make sure he gets to experience before then, like going to Yellowstone or Washington, D.C., take art lessons, etc. I also want to make sure I take time to enjoy special moments with him so that I can look back and know I did the best job as I can as his mother.

He has had a day that he loves - getting to play outside all day. When he woke up, he was ready to head outdoors. By the time I was ready to got outside and watch him, it was about 10:00am. He got to open his gift from Nana and Granddad first thing, a pair of roller blades. We have a lot of boys in our neighborhood that like to play street hockey. One of our neighbors has shared his old pair but Caleb is thrilled to have his own. He also designed his own birthday cake. I helped decorate it while he stood by giving directions the entire time. He was pleased with the outcome and that's what's important. This week we are taking him to Boomers for his birthday -- that was his request. I just didn't want to endure crowds on a Saturday. Yesterday, he received his birthday card from Granny and loved finding money in it. It's already in his wallet.

Kerry and I are both so proud of the person Caleb is and is becoming. Happy 10th Birthday, Caleb!

No comments: