Tuesday, July 13, 2010

A Caleb Update


Here are a few things I want to remember about Caleb at this age.

*Caleb will begin fifth grade at home this year. It going by too fast.
*I have never met anyone more passionate about reptiles than he is. He knows so much about them and it makes his day when he is able to catch a lizard, snake, or other reptile/amphibian.
*He also is developing an interest in birds. He will sit in our backyard as still as can be and see how close he can get to one.
*His artistic ability continues to increase. He never ceases to amaze me with his ability to draw. While he is drawing 3 dimensional people, I'm stuck drawing stick figures.
*He is starting to play more with his younger brothers and not get as irritated with them as he used to. He creates baseball games for them or they will bird watch in their hunting gear in the backyard. So precious to see him being a positive role model in their lives.
*He has decided to play baseball this fall.
*He loves to watch cooking shows and is a great help in the kitchen.
*If he was old enough to babysit, I'd let him. I know he would do a great job with his brothers. He's looking forward to that day since I told him I would pay him if I needed him to babysit.
*He's getting so tall. One day soon I will be looking up at him.
*He still has a take charge personality just like his Dad.

I am so proud of the young man Caleb is becoming. Although he has his moments like we all do, he has a wonderful heart and a passion for life. I am excited to see what God has planned for Him, because I know it will be amazing since he's such an amazing person. And I get to say I'm his mom!

And Caleb, since I know you read my blog I want you to know how much I love you and how blessed I am that God gave you to us. You and I sometimes reflect about how when I was pregnant with you I wanted a girl but God knew I needed you. God was right. You are a wonderful son and life wouldn't be the same without you.

No comments: