Sunday, July 25, 2010

Trip to Texas: Part 1

We had a great time while in Texas. We stayed so busy that it will take more than one post to share. Instead of flying, we decided to drive to Texas from California. We were able to make it in two days. We stopped once in Las Cruces, NM to stay overnight. The boys were great travelers. It does help that I sit in the back with the two youngest so that I am available to meet their needs quickly and entertain them.

Day 1: We woke up and were on the road a little after 5am. We tried to stop about every 3 hours which seemed to work out pretty well. If Silas was sleeping, we kept driving. We arrived in Las Cruces, NM just in time for dinner. We decided that it would be easiest to have food delivered to the hotel. That was a great decision. After dinner, we all went swimming in the hotel pool. Then it was bedtime since we had another early morning ahead of us.

7/5/2010 - On the road

Day 2: We overslept by 30 minutes but still did a pretty good job getting on the road. The boys did a great job once again traveling in the car. We arrived in Arlington, Texas for dinner with my parents. They had dinner all ready for us which the boys barely touched. They were so excited to be out of the car and to be at Nana and Granddad's house. We stayed for about 2 hours before we got back into the car to drive the rest of the way to Granny's house. Silas slept the entire way which meant he was wide awake when we got to Granny's.

We arrived at Granny's rather late, after 10:oopm but you would have thought it was morning the boys were that excited. They were so excited to see Granny that they stayed up past midnight. Silas actually made it until 1:30am. That meant I was up that late too.

Day 3: Even though we were up late the night before, that didn't stop the boys from waking up at a regular time. We enjoyed relaxing in the morning before meeting Uncle Kent for lunch at Bodacious Barbecue. After lunch, we spent some time relaxing until Josiah got stung by a red wasp while trying to catch it with his new net. While Kerry applied ice, I ran to the store for benadryl. He fell asleep pretty much right away. That evening, Uncle Kent brought his girlfriend Christy over for us to meet. The three boys were so shy. Levi woke up from his nap while they were here. He kept his head ducked and eventually went back to lay down. As soon as they left, he came out wide awake, with a smile on his face.

Day 4: Kerry was nice to let me sleep in this morning since I was exhausted. Silas had had a tough night. He was in the middle of cutting all of his eye teeth. Once I was awake, Kerry left to go work with Kent. The boys, Granny and I went to see Toy Story 3. All of the boys really liked it, Silas included. When Kerry got back, we took the boys to Lake Gladewater to swim. They thought it was pretty cool to swim in a lake. Granny stayed at home while I sat and just watched. I am not a big fan of swimming in a lake. I mean, there are actually real live fish in there. Yikes! We ended our outing with playing at the park. The outing was just what the boys needed.

7/8/2010 - Silas swimming in Lake Gladewater

7/8/2010 - Josiah wrote his name in the sand

7/8/2010 - Josiah, Levi, and Silas enjoying the lake

7/8/2010 - All four having fun

7/8/2010 - Caleb and Levi

7/8/2010 - Silas and Josiah

No comments: