Friday, July 30, 2010

Trip to Texas: Part 5

Day 12: This day found Silas and I inside most of the time laying around. Everyone else enjoyed lots of time swimming. Kerry and I were supposed to go on a date night to celebrate our anniversary but we didn't think it would be a good idea to leave Silas with having a broken leg for only 1 day. So, while Nana and Granddad watched the other 3 by going to the petting zoo and swimming, we took Silas to the Alamo (since he missed it the day before) and to the Riverwalk. He loved being the only one with us and even though he was on pain medication that was supposed to make him tired, he stayed awake the entire time. We enjoyed a nice dinner, dessert and just browsing shops as we walked. When we arrived back at the condo, I decided to meet that other 3 at the swimming pool and let Kerry watch Silas. It was nice to be able to enjoy that last swim with the others before we left.

7/15/2010 - Levi having fun in the pool


7/15/2010 - This is what Silas and I did most of the day


7/15/2010 - The boys enjoying to petting show/zoo


7/15/2010 - Me and Silas at the Alamo


7/15/2010 Kerry and Silas at the Alamo


7/15/2010 - Kerry, Silas, and me eating dessert on the Riverwalk.

Day 13: Our morning, my birthday, started by loading the van and heading to the doctor's office so Silas could get his cast. All went well and Josiah opted to travel with Nana and Granddad. We met them in San Marcos to get in a little shopping. We ate lunch and Nana and Granddad took Levi and Josiah back to Arlington with them while we shopped a little more. We had a pretty good drive back even squeezing in a stop in Waco to say hi to Uncle Kent and Christy. We made it back to my parents' house in time to celebrate my birthday along with my dad's birthday. By this time, we were all pretty exhausted and just wanted to rest. Next year on my birthday, I don't want to be driving or watching one of my children get a cast.

7/16/2010 - Right after Silas got his cast


7/16/2010 - Silas in Waco


7/16/2010 - Kerry, Silas, Caleb, and Uncle Kent

No comments: