Thursday, September 02, 2010

Naptime


A couple of weeks ago, Silas was upstairs playing with Josiah and Levi or so I thought. He also had been watching Barney. Caleb and I were downstairs working on school. When Levi came down I asked him what Silas was doing and he told me he was asleep. It is a very rare occurrence for Silas to fall asleep on his own. I assumed he had fallen asleep in Josiah and Levi's bed, so I didn't feel like I needed to go and check on him immediately. Once I finished with Caleb, I headed to check on Silas. What I saw surprised and scared me. He was sound asleep at the top of the stairs. He was so near the edge of the stairs that one roll to the wrong side would have sent him rolling down the stairs. I learned my lesson. If Levi tells me Silas is asleep, I need to go and check on him immediately to make sure he is in a safe spot.

No comments: