Monday, October 04, 2010

Potty Learning Laughs


Silas has begun the fun phase of potty training/potty learning over the past few weeks. He does pretty good around the house as long as he is naked. He goes on his own and will hold up his hand at times and say no to inform me that he wants privacy when I try to accompany him to the bathroom. As soon as clothes are put on, he tends to forget about the potty. There was one day last week when he refused to wear a diaper when we had an errand to run. The errand ended up taking us all morning. He stayed dry (with multiple trips to the bathroom) until the last few minutes when we were headed home. He told me that he needed to go, but I was trying to make it home before stopping. That one was definitely my fault.

Yesterday, Caleb had a baseball game. FYI - we spent 3 and 1/2 hours at the baseball field that day with practice, game, and packing up all of our gear that keeps 3 younger brothers entertained during a long game. Towards the end of the game, Josiah needed to go to the bathroom. Fortunately, the boys and I were sitting in a grassy area by the outfield that just so happened to be near the bathrooms. As I was standing at the door to the men's bathroom for Josiah (one at a time type of bathroom), Levi tells me he needs to go and heads on in. I was holding the door open a little bit (not many people around) to let in some light. Then, Silas tells me he needs to go. I told him to hang on as Levi was telling me he needs help since the toilet is too tall. I was not about to enter the men's bathroom, so I told Levi that I would take him to the girl's bathroom. At this time, I glance up to see that Silas has taken off his shorts and diaper outside in order to go potty. I'm just thankful that there was only one little boy around. I scooped Silas up trying to cover him up a little while helping Levi get dressed again in order to go to girl's bathroom. Silas really did need to go potty, but I sure wish he would have waited to get inside the bathroom. At least I can laugh about it.

No comments: