Monday, November 15, 2010

Family Fun Festival 2010


Caleb dressed up as a dirt bike rider. He couldn't seem to decide if he wanted to dress up, but in the end he did.


Silas is wearing the costume Levi was supposed to wear until he changed his mind. This picture was taken at 9:00pm when Silas had a lot of sugar in his system. He had so much he was crawling around on the floor barking like a dog.


Josiah dressed up as a knight. I'm so thankful that Josiah doesn't always want something new. He went into our costume box and decided on the knight. He was almost Buzz Lightyear for 3 years in a row.


Levi wanted to be a dirt bike rider after we had bought him the knight costume. He was really excited when a big kid dressed in his dirt bike gear came up to him and gave him a high five.

Sunday, October 31, 2010 was a very busy day. It all started early when we drove the 40 minutes to church. Josiah went to his Bible Study class, Caleb served with Levi, and I volunteered in Silas's class. As soon as we were finished, Caleb changed into his baseball uniform so we could go to his game. We had a picnic lunch in the car as we drove.

I won the worst mom of the day award when I took Caleb to the wrong baseball game. By the time I was able to find which field we were actually on (which was about 15 minutes from the field we were at), the game had already started. Caleb was very upset, and I felt horrible. I made him miss his game.

We went home for about an hour which was long enough to change into their costumes for the Family Fun Festival. When we arrived, I realized I had forgotten half of Silas's costume. I was a little frustrated. The boys had a blast, and I was pleased with the organization of the event. To conclude the evening since we had not had dinner, the boys got to eat as much candy as they wanted on the way home. We were all hungry. Two boys fell asleep in the car (I did brush their teeth while they were sleeping) and the other two remember they needed dinner at 9:00pm. I'm glad our day ended well.

No comments: