Thursday, July 28, 2011

Day 1 Without Daddy

Daddy with his boys

Well, Kerry headed out of town this morning. Since moving closer to the church, we have been fortunate to see Daddy more often than when we lived in our previous location. The boys are thrilled to see Daddy home for lunch almost everyday, and he gets home shortly after 5 on most nights. I have a feeling some of our days are going to drag.

We have a few more things to finish up in regards to homeschooling so we will be prepared for the start of our new year. The boys (mainly Caleb) haven't been too thrilled over the idea of some school in the summer, but they are handling it okay. One of the reasons I wanted to do a little school each week was to help with transition back to our full school schedule. It's always a shock to our system if we take a long break. So, hopefully, things will go smoother at the beginning this year. This year will definitely be busier in regards to school. Caleb will be in 6th grade, Josiah in 1st grade, and Levi and Silas will be doing preschool stuff. I've been planning all summer trying to find the best in writing schedule for the boys. I'm also trying to make sure I have something planned for Levi and Silas while they have tons of free time. This year, it will be more directed until the end of our school day. I'm sure it will take a few weeks to get our new schedule smoothed out, but hopefully it will work.

We don't have much planned for today. We have been working on school this morning, and I know Caleb wants to practice with his new bow after lunch (another post coming about that). I'm hoping to get out my scrapbooking stuff this evening since I am years behind. We'll see how much I accomplish while Kerry is out of town. This is when it would be extremely nice to live near family. We could stop by for dinner or just a quick visit.

No comments: