Monday, August 01, 2011

Box Day!

For those in the homeschooling world, you can understand when I announce that it was "Box Day" in our house. I ordered part of our curriculum for this coming year a little over a week ago. It was scheduled to be delivered today. You won't believe how many times I checked the UPS tracking information or how many times I peaked out my front door even though I didn't hear a knock. Well, close to 3:00pm, I checked the UPS tracking online, and it showed that it had already been delivered. I know they didn't knock or ring the doorbell, because our dog didn't bark. I was so excited to open that box! But as I opened that box, reality set in that I will be teaching a 6th grader this year. Really? How can this be? Weren't we just reading picture books and easy readers? Not this year. I'm really going to learn a lot this year, and I think Caleb might too.

I already have most of the things for the other three boys thanks to holding onto things from Caleb's previous years. According to my written schedule, our school days look well organized. Well, that is the goal. The older the boys get, the more I realize the need for a daily schedule during our homeschool hours. I'm sure it will take a few weeks to get in a groove. Praying our year goes smoother than last year or the year before or the year before that. . .

Here is a run down of major family events that occurred while continuing to homeschool
2005-2006 (first official year) - Josiah born and move to California
2006-2007 - Levi born
2007-2008 - Move from California to Florida
2008-2009 - Silas born
2009-2010 - Move back to California
2010-2011 - Move closer to our church

*It's amazing how many major events have occurred over these past 6+ years of homeschooling. I have to be honest and say that I'm praying for a calm year. Is that bad? I feel guilty praying for one. But it really would be nice not to have to think about moving again for awhile.

No comments: