Friday, August 12, 2011

VBS Week

We just finished up VBS at our church. Somehow, in all the years I have been married to my husband, who happens to be a minister/pastor, I have only managed to teach VBS two years - one before Caleb was born and this year. Teaching VBS in the evening without children is a whole lot easier than teaching VBS in the early morning with four children to get ready. And these are 4 homeschooled children and mama who aren't used to being out the door early and dressed with smiles on our faces except for Sunday mornings.

The boys did amazingly well getting up and ready. I had the privilege to teach in mini VBS, the 3 year olds (and a few older 2s) while parents volunteered in other areas of VBS. Levi was supposed to be in the 4 year old class. He made it 30 minutes. The rest of the week he has loved being in the 3 year old class. I wasn't sure I was going to be able to get Josiah to his class on Tuesday as he was refusing to go, but Dad took him and he had a great time the rest of the week. I will admit, I have forgotten what it is like to be responsible for so many little ones for so many hours each day. I felt like I was back teaching my little 4 year olds in PreK. I was exhausted every single day. I don't know how moms manage to work full time and keep up with their families. I'm thanking God that I get to be home with my children each and every day.

I think we are all looking forward to normalcy returning come Monday. School starts back up for us then. Most schools in our area don't start back until after Labor Day, but I'm ready to get started. It's nice to get a head start in case something comes up that we need to take a couple of weeks off. It seems like we've needed those extra weeks each year. I'm praying we won't need those extra weeks and can finish early this year.

1 comment:

The O'Connell Clan said...

What a fun week for the boys and for YOU! Now you see how crazy my life is on any given week! I think starting early is always good. You have always loved having those cushion weeks...and needed them. Praying those weeks this year are just because!