Sunday, September 11, 2011

Silas Turns Three


9/3/2011 Silas with his cake

Last Saturday, September 3rd, our baby turned three. He was thrilled about having his birthday. Kerry was not in town, but the other boys and I did our best to still make him feel special. I think we succeeded!

When I asked him what kind of cake he wanted, all he would tell me was a dirt bike cake. Since our Friday was a very busy day, I took the easy way out and bought a dirt bike to put on the cake and added a simple border. Note to self: I will not use the store bought decorating icing again. It did not work as well as bags and icing made from scratch.

He has been wanting a bicycle for a long time now. His birthday seemed the perfect time. When I went to buy the bicycle, I knew the tires were a little low on air but bought it anyway. Caleb knows how to air up tires. Sadly, the birthday bike would not hold air in its tires. We had to return the bike that day (while he was crying) and go to another store to get another bike. I was so glad to get a working bike home for him. I had visions of not being able to find one that day (in the price range I was could spend). He enjoyed his day riding his new bike around the house until the weather cooled down enough to ride it outside.

Silas has such a sweet personality. He is almost always happy. He wakes up smiling and goes to bed smiling. He also is a talker. I think he talks more than his Daddy. By the end of the day, I am worn out from all of his talking. His sweet smile makes up for is non stop talking. I am so glad he is a part of our family and look forward to watching him grow even more this year.
9/3/2011 - Silas on his bike

No comments: