Monday, September 05, 2011

Wedding in Colorado

8/26/2011 - Josiah on the airplane

My cousin Mickey got married in Colorado last weekend. Josiah, Silas, and I were able to attend with my mom. We left Thursday, August 25, around 9pm. The boys were so excited to be flying on an airplane. Caleb and Levi stayed home with Daddy and went camping. I enjoyed the late flight since Silas slept almost the entire way on the plane. Josiah fell asleep in the last 20 minutes of the flight. Unfortunately, it was difficult waking them up to get off the airplane. I put my almost three year old in the Ergo and was walking a crying Josiah while trying to carry 6 bags myself. One of the flight attendants even asked if I needed a wheelchair. I think I should have said yes. It was an ordeal to get to baggage claim where we were meeting Nana. From tears, to an accident, to changing wet clothes, to kids hanging on to my legs as the train went really fast, we were worn out when we saw Nana. We still had to take a shuttle to get the rental car. Then we had a 45 minute drive to our hotel. We arrived around 2:30am. Josiah was sound asleep and stayed asleep while I carried him up to bed. Silas on the other hand was wide awake enjoying the adventure. He fell asleep around 4am and was ready to go at 8am.
8/26/2011 - Silas on the airplane

Friday, the 26th, Nana treated us to the Denver Zoo. The parts we saw were really nice. I wish we could have stayed longer, but Josiah was ready to go. Nana and I were exhausted from the night before so we didn't complain. We grabbed lunch in the car and took the boy to the hotel swimming pool before going to the rehearsal dinner. The wedding/rehearsal dinner site was beautiful. I really wish I could have brought the entire family. The boys had a wonderful time playing outside during the rehearsal dinner. Perfect for active boys. Plus, I got a chance to speak with a lady who I would say was a homeschooling pioneer. I'm so thankful for the families who paved the way for homeschooling.
8/27/2011 - Silas, me, and Josiah (I so wished I had brought a stroller on this trip)

8/26/2011 - Silas, Nana, and Josiah

8/26/2011 - Silas handing me a lovely flower

Saturday, the 27th, we took the boys swimming after breakfast (and a little tv watching). We had lunch with my Uncle Phil, Aunt Jackie, Wilene, and Loriece. It was great to see them. We had just enough time to get ready for the wedding. The wedding was nice. It was outside, and it looked like it could rain any minute. Fortunately, it held off until the reception. The boys did amazingly well. The highlight of the wedding for them was seeing a bat fly in where the reception was being held.
8/27/2011 - Silas, Loriece, and Josiah

Sunday, the 28th, we took the boys bowling. For some reason, that's the one thing they really wanted to do. They had a great time. It was worth it to see Silas's expressions on his face when he knocked pins down. The trip back to California was easier since I had my mom inside the airport with us. We were sad to see her go since we probably won't see her again until Christmas. I was glad to get back to my other three boys and love on them.

8/28/2011 - Silas bowling


8/28/2011 - Josiah bowling

No comments: