Wednesday, December 12, 2012

The Rest of June 2012

 June 20th-22nd  - As much as we wanted to spend time as a family, Kerry and I needed some time just the two of us. We haven't taken two nights away together since before Caleb was born.  It was nice to know that the little ones had already spent some time with Nana and Granddad and were looking forward to their own trip now that big brother was here.  We were all headed in the same direction at the beginning, so we decided to stop in Waco for lunch and a quick stop at Baylor.  After that we headed our separate ways - the boys with Nana and Granddad to San Antonio and Kerry and I to Spicewood, TX.  I have to admit, after staying busy for so long, it felt kind of weird not having any responsibilities for a couple of days.  It was great to get away, and I learned a lesson - don't worry about cooking (which I did) and just go out to eat.  I think I would have been able to relax a little more.  Oh well.

Our cabin for a couple of nights
June 23rd-30th -Kerry spent a few more days with us in East Texas, before he headed back to California.  At this point we began to feel God wanted us back in Texas, but we didn't quite have all of the details yet.  The three little ones enjoyed spending time with Daddy, and it was great being reunited with Caleb.  One thing I knew was that we would have to keep busy during the day since I have four active boys.  While Kerry was there, I got my fishing license and signed up for a summer swim membership so we could stay busy for the summer. 

Enjoying the pool

No comments: