Tuesday, January 08, 2013

August 2012

 We started our drive back to California on August 1st.  It was bittersweet.  The boys were filled with excitement to finally be going home.  They were looking forward to seeing the things they had left behind, play with friends, and go to church.  All of those things had been sorely missed.

However, for me, I knew I was driving back to something different.  After much prayer, Kerry and I felt it was best for us to move back to Texas to be near his mother.  It was such a difficult decision to make. We prayed so much.  One of our biggest concerns was our oldest.  He loved Florida and moving to California the second time hadn't been easy for him. He had finally grown to enjoy California again.  He loved our church and his friends.

I was so happy to be back, to go to church where I loved to be, to see people I hadn't seen in so long, and to sleep in my own bed.  But I was also sad.  I would be leaving a place I had come to love so much. The boys took the news pretty well.  And then the packing began. For the majority of August, I packed, made plans to immerse the boys in activities in East Texas that September, and plan for school for the fall - for four boys.

August 4, 2012 - The three littles were thrilled to be back at church just in time for face painting!

August 23, 2012 - The boys enjoyed spending some extra time with Mrs. Deanna before leaving for Texas.
Caleb was thrilled to find this snake on one of our hikes while still in Cali


August 28, 2012 - The boys with our favorite dentist, Dr. Lee.  We will miss him and his kind staff!
August 29, 2012 - One last trip to the beach.  I'm sure going to miss it!

2 comments:

Kristen OQ said...

Catching up on reading your blog and had no idea that you guys had moved back to Texas. Hope the adjustment has been good and easy this fall. Think of you often!

Cindy Cates said...

Welcome back to Texas! I know it's been a crazy year and I pray that 2013 is more settled! Would love to see you next time you're in Waco!!